Home / Members / Ask a Question

Ask a Question

When does my coverage start?
Coverage begins on the date that you request through the application process so long as payment has been received and all requirements have been met. This is called your effective date.

Please note: Effective dates for Incentive 10 and Dollar-Based Dental policies must be the 1st or 15th of the month. Managed Care plans through Willamette Dental Group begin on the 1st of the month.

Can my child have their own policy?

Yes, children may have their own policies for certain products. When submitting their information, please include an in-care-of name if the child is under age 18 to ensure the post office delivers the billing statements and policy documents.

If you request Electronic Communications for document delivery for multiple dependents, a different email address will be required for access to each policy through the Individual Member portal.

Can I have more than one child on a policy without an adult on the policy?

Children cannot be dependents of one another; therefore each child must have their own individual policy.

Please note: Each application submitted will require a policy fee with the initial premium payment.

How do I terminate my policy?

For Individual Dental Policies, we require a written request at least 30 days prior to your desired termination date. Please include your ID # and date you wish to terminate the policy with your full name and signature and submit to LifeMap by email, mail, or fax.

Please read your dental or critical illness and emergency treatment policy carefully for cancellation provisions.

Email: Support@LifeMapCo.com

Mail to:
LifeMap - Individual Products
PO Box 1271 MS E8L
Portland, OR 97207-1271

Fax: 1(855) 207-1202

How do I make a payment?

We cannot take payments over the phone; however, we have four additional options available:

  • Online: This may only be used as a one-time payment, for ongoing payments please use the e-banking or EFT option below. 
  • E-banking: Set up an ongoing payment option with e-banking through your bank. 
  • Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT): To establish an automatic draft of your premium, please contact LifeMap either by phone 1(800) 756-4105 or by email at Support@LifeMapCo.com 
    You may also update your EFT deduction information via the Member Portal. Contact us with questions about accessing this option.

Mail to:
LifeMap - Individual
PO Box 6840
Portland, OR 97228

What do I use for my bill pay info for bank bill pay?

Use the Invoice Number from your billing statement as the account number and make the payment out to LifeMap. The Invoice Number will need to be updated for each online bill payment submission to correlate with your billing statement. Please refer to your premium billing statement for Payment address and Invoice Number.

How do I know you received my payment?

Give us a call! We can check the status of your account and any payments made or pending. You may also log into your Online Member portal to view received payments.

Why didn't you call me when the draft declined?

LifeMap communicates through written notifications. If your draft declines, a written notice will be mailed to the address of record notifying you the draft declined and will state the amount due. Please note, full premium to bring the policy to a fully paid status will be required if your payment declines.

Where is my refund?*

Give us a call! We would be happy to look into the status of your policy and offer a timeline. Depending on how premium was received and processed your refund may be issued via Check or a Credit to the account originally drafted. If a Check is being mailed it will be sent to the most recent address of record for your policy. Please be advised, refund processing can take up to 10 business days for full processing from the request date.

*Please read your policy carefully for refund provisions.

How do I change my address?

Contact us! Requests may be made through email, mail or fax. Or you can update your address through your online Member Portal.

Email: Support@LifeMapCo.com
LifeMap - Individual
PO Box 1271 MS E8L
Portland, OR 97207-1271
Fax: 1(855) 207-1202

Why can't I get information about my spouse's or child's services or policy?

In compliance with Federal HIPAA regulations we cannot provide certain information regarding a policy status or services if you are not the primary policy holder. If you would like to designate an authorized person to discuss your policy details, please submit the Authorization for LifeMap to Disclose Information form to our office. You may revoke or change the authorization at any time with a written request. If your child is over age 18 these federal HIPAA regulations also apply.

Email: Authorization@LifeMapCo.com
Fax: 1(855) 854-4570
PO Box 1271 MS E8L
Portland, OR 97207-1271

For individual dental members only

When can I see a dentist?

You may see a dentist at any time after your policy’s effective date. Please read your policy documents carefully to ensure that you do not have a waiting period for the services you are seeking.

How do I find a dental provider?

Simply visit our Find a Provider page and search the LifeMap Dental Network. If you purchased an Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plan with services through Willamette Dental Group, use the search option provided for them.

I elected to include the Vision Rider with my Individual Dental policy. What is the vision benefit?

The vision benefit allows up to $150 of any vision services or hardware every two years from the policy anniversary date. Any charges at the time of service or purchase will be your responsibility. To file a claim submit your receipt and claim form showing charges and details. Once received and processed you will be reimbursed up to the $150 limit within the two year period.

Note: the vision rider is not an available option in the state of Washington.

The Individual Reimbursement Form can be found here or call our office for a copy. Please remember to keep a copy for your records.

Where do I go for vision services?

If you have elected the vision rider on your Individual Dental Policy, you can seek vision care from any vision provider of your choice, LifeMap does not have any contracted vision service centers.

When is my payment due?

Any premiums due will coincide with the original effective date of your policy and will be either the 1st or 15th of each month.

What do I do if I don’t get a bill or why didn’t I get a bill?

Give us a call! We can provide you your amount due over the phone, or we can send you a copy of the last bill issued. You may also send in a check with your ID number and we will make sure the funds are posted to your account.

If you have chosen to have electronic drafting, we will not send a paper bill unless a draft is declined in which case you’ll receive a written notification from us.

There are a handful of things that may have happened to cause you to not receive your bill, so please don’t hesitate to give us a call so we can make sure we have all of your information up to date.

Phone: 1(800) 756-4105

How do I add or remove a dependent from my coverage?

Addition requests outside of your policy renewal date or after the 10 day right to examine will require a Qualified Life Event. Please contact our office regarding what a Qualified Life Event would be.

Dependent addition requests coinciding with your policy renewal date not requiring a Qualified Life Event require:

  • A written request to be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to the date you would like the change to take place.
  • Your request should include the dependent’s name, gender, social security number, date of birth, relationship to you, policy ID number and the date you would like the change to take place along with your full name and signature. Requests may be made by mail, fax or email.

Please note, any addition to a policy will coincide with billing dates and is required to fulfill any applicable service waiting periods and coverage would begin at Level 1 benefits depending upon your policy provisions.

Dependent removal requests require:

  • A written notice at least 2 weeks prior to the date you would like the change to take place.
  • Your request should include the policy ID number, name of dependent to be removed and date you would like the change to take place. Requests may be made by mail, fax or email.

Please note, any dependent removed from a policy will be required to fulfill any applicable reapplication waiting periods from removal date when applying for a new policy. Removal of a dependent will coincide with billing dates and no proration of premium is allowed.

Email: Support@LifeMapCo.com
Fax: 1(855) 207-1202
Mail to:
LifeMap - Individual
PO Box 242330
Little Rock, AR 72223

How do I get my new policy documents?

It depends on how you submitted your application:

Mailed in application with check: Your ID cards and policy documents will be mailed out.
Enrolled Online through the www.LifeMapco.com website and paid by credit card or eCheck: All of your policy documents including a temporary ID card will be made immediately available on the confirmation screen. If you were not able to print or save your documents, please contact our office to have them emailed to you. Note: your credit card or bank account will be charged upon your requested effective date.
Policy documents are not issued until the application is approved.

Please note: your credit card or bank account will be charged upon your requested effective date. Policy documents are not issued until the application is approved.

Can I access policy documents online?

For new applicants who select Electronic Communications yes, your policy documents can be accessed through your online Member Portal. Upon completion of your application an email will be sent asking you to complete your policy registration. This will provide access to your secure online member portal. If you have opted out of electronic communications, please give us a call and we would be happy to mail or email you a copy of your documents, or send them via a secure email.

Don't see your question answered here?


Know someone abusing the system? You can report health care fraud anonymously.