Global Travel Assistance Program
Travel is exciting, but there are so many details to consider when planning a trip. That’s why your LifeMap Life Insurance includes the Travel Assistance program—so you’ll never have to worry about how to be safe, keep well and stay informed when traveling 100 or more miles away from home for up to 120 days. Think of it as your worldwide team of personal concierges.
Peace of mind, no matter where you are
All employees covered under a LifeMap Life Insurance policy traveling 100 or more miles away from home, or outside of their home country, can obtain emergency medical, travel, and repatriation services 24 hours a day, anywhere in the world, through AXA Assistance USA's travel assistance program*, a leading provider of international travel assistance services. Dependents of covered employees are eligible for the services even when not traveling with an eligible employee. Employees should contact their benefits administrator for program details and contact information.
Travel Assistance Services Available
- Pre‐trip travel Information
- Emergency Travel Arrangements
- Transfer of Funds
- Assist in the Replacement of Lost or Stolen Travel Documents
- Legal Referrals
- Translation Services
- Emergency Pet Housing and/or Pet Return Coordination
Medical Assistance Services Available
- Worldwide Medical and Dental Referrals
- Monitoring of Treatment
- Transfer of Insurance Information to Medical Providers
- Assist in Coordination of Medication, Vaccine and Blood Transfers
- Assist in the Replacement of Corrective Lenses and Medical Devices
- Dispatch of Doctors and Specialists
- Medical Records Transfer
- Continuous Updates to Family, Employer and Home Physician
- Hotel Arrangements for Convalescence
Coordination for Medical Evacuation & Repatriation Services Available
- Emergency Medical Evacuations
- Transportation to Join a Hospitalized Member
- Return of Dependent Children/ Traveling Companions
- Transportation After Stabilization
- Repatriation of Mortal Remains
*No claims for reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses will be accepted. All additional costs are the responsibility of the member. Services must be authorized and arranged by AXA Assistance USA, Inc. designated personnel to be eligible for this program. Members subject to eligibility verification. Services will be provided as permitted under applicable law. Travel Assistance services are not insurance. AXA Assistance USA, Inc. is an independent company and not a member of LifeMap Assurance Company®. Each organization is solely responsible for its own obligations.
Contact your employer for more details and to request your Travel Assistance ID card in order to access the services available.